Church of the Customer Blog« Podcast: Can't get no satisfaction; creating emotional connections | Main | Meetup.com disses its customers »
April 26, 2005
Podcast: Can't get no satisfaction; creating emotional connections
A new podcast. Finally!
To listen, click on the podcast icon below.
To subscribe to our podcast, you can do one of two things:
* find us in iTunes Podcast directory under Business and click on the Subscribe button
* paste this URL (http://feeds.feedburner.com/ChurchoftheCustomerPodcast) into a podcast aggregator like iPodder
Note: From now on, all of our podcasts will be fed from our new podcast blog, so if you want automatic downloads, subscribe to our podcast blog.
1. Why customer satisfaction isn't satisfactory
2. How a business drives sales through emotional connections with employees
Links to people, companies, articles, blogs, etc. mentioned in the podcast:
* Home Depot
* Hank Hill
* Home Depot Opinion
* Dictionary definitions of satisfaction
* Lyrics to Satisfaction
* Gallup Management Journal article "Getting Emotional About Brands" (paid subscription req'd)
* Gallup Management Journal article "The Constant Contact" including the CE-11 metric (paid subscription req'd)
* Gallup Management Journal article "Customer Satisfaction is the Wrong Measure" (free)
* Mini Cooper
* XO Communications
* Charlotte Metro Credit Union
* Bank of America
* Southwest Airlines' "hire for skill, train for skill" philosophy
* Airline on A&E
* Arnold Schwarzenegger
* Holly Powers, The Kevin Eikenberry Group, Indianapolis
* Boris Yankov, Dimitrovgrad, Bulgaria
* Mary Bjorneby, Minneapolis
* Jason Berberich, Grand Forks, ND
* David Hart, Hart & Associates Fine Art, Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
* Carl Rogat, Notes4Review, Beaverton, OR
* Ryan Lisbon, Park Avenue of Wayzata, Minneapolis
* Seth Miller, Mostly Muppet blog
* Michael Chaffin, Star in the Margin blog, Pagosa Springs, CO
* Paul Peterson, Medtronic
* Mini the Wonder Dog
Intro/close: "G.L.S." by Salme Dahlstrom
Breaks 1, 2, 3: "Money" by Zymotic Flow
Break 4: "Alley Kat" by Robin L. Klein and Scott P. Schreer
Interview segment recording provided by Conference Calls Unlimited
Tell us what you think! Add a comment below, or send an email to talktous(AT)customerevangelists.com.
Or leave a short voicemail message on our special Podcast Feedback Line: 1-312-896-5095. Follow the prompts (our menu has not recently changed) and you'll have 3 minutes to leave your audible letter.
Find previous podcasts here.
Other blogs that reference Podcast: Can't get no satisfaction; creating emotional connections:
» Fleeting Fame from Mostly Muppet Dot Com
I'm not going to lie: I like being the center of attention. I probably seem very quiet and demure within my office/cubicle/work setting, but I'm actually a very large ham. And a flirt. And quite loud and boisterous when the mood (or topic) strikes m... [Read More]
» A survey of surveys from Customer Service Reader
Overview: The American Customer Satisfaction Index is the best known customer opinion survey. Gallup criticizes the ACSI for measuring the wrong things. They say customer satisfaction doesn’t count, that it’s customer engagement that matters. Gallup re... [Read More]
Thanks for the link and the mention in the podcast! I'll blog my thoughts on the latest iteration and trackback when I get the chance.
And it goes without saying that there's a story behind my domain. Maybe I'll talk about that as well.
I really like your road test of the CE11 survey, and have linked to it in my blog. Also enjoyed your piece on the Charlotte bank.
It has a good display of side-by-side videos, but Skype's video and sound quality are vastly better.