Church of the Customer Blog« Your most valued customer | Main | Hamburger love »
May 12, 2011
Your most valued customer
Ms. Linda may not be the mayor of your coffee shop, but she is one of your most valued customers.
My nearby Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf sported this sign inside the store the other day. The barista told me that Linda comes in every day for her small mocha ice blended and her warm oatmeal raisin cookie.
I love this simple home-made sign idea in the store because:
- It shows customers they are valued
- It's an invitation for customers to ask employees about Linda
- It's local charm in a national chain
Other blogs that reference Your most valued customer:
Genius. Any thing to show the customers you care counts!
Great example of a creative idea adding tons of value
1) Bright visual cue that customers are appreciated
2) Employees are friendly and are part of the local community
3) Give an employee something fun/creative on which to work (better than garbage duty)
4) Increases likelihood of word of mouth advertising. You know Linda told her friends.
5) Creates a dialogue in and out of the store. Always a good idea to have a fun conversation about why your customers are so wonderful.
Great post Jackie!
The best customer service doesn't have to include lots of money - what customers really appreciate is personalization. And when word begins to get around about your company being a personal, one-on-one company, then word of mouth will begin to speak for itself. This is a great example - so simple, so easy, and incredibly effective.